Friday, 12 August 2016

CSEC ENGLISH B COURSE OUTLINE 2018-2023

Please find attached a copy of the CSEC English B Course Outline. I have been using this course outline in one form or another for more than five years now. I have fount that, it has been helpful in organizing how I teach the English B syllabus to my grades 10 and 11 students.


How I use the Document


1. I provide copies of the document to each student of my class on the first day of class.

2. My students and I explore the document together. We review the exam paper layout; then we examine the texts, short stories and poems that comprise the syllabus.

3. Students review the grading scheme for the class and the requirements for recommendation.

4. Students review the key terms that they should learn. 

5. Students are given a Glossary of Literary Terms to create based on the list of terms on the course outline. The teacher explains the guidelines for researching the terms. 

6. Students will use their glossary as a reference text over the period of the course. 

7. Students, along the teacher, track the progress of the content covered in the syllabus. 

8. Students are encouraged to tick off each text, poem, short story that is covered.

Here is a copy of the course outline you can view and download.




   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts by commenting.

Powered by Blogger.